What is my First Step?
- Contact David M. McCleary by email, phone, or by filling out our contact form.
- Depending on the type of service you are in need of you will need to fill out forms before your initial consultation so we can best address your needs.
Before we meet you may want to take a look at these articles on divorce and estate planning fees.
Divorce - How Much Will My Divorce Cost?
Generally four factors are involved in determining the cost:
- How acrimonious will you and your spouse be?
- How complicated are your assets and debts and will you and your spouse be able to agree on how your assets and debts will be divided?
- Can you and your spouse agree on child custody, parenting time and support issues?
- Who your spouse hires as an attorney.
Typical fees to retain an attorney for a divorce case can range from $3,500 for an uncontested, no property, no children matter, to as high as $5,000-$7,500 or more if child support, property issues or a pension are involved. Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced attorney in the area of divorce.
Also keep in mind that hiring an attorney that is a "fighter" generally just costs you and your spouse more money because the attorney may be willing to create problems or not try and quickly resolve them so as to increase the total fee. Also, hiring the cheapest attorney may well be "penny wise and pound foolish" because he or she may not respond to your telephone calls, have "office staff" giving you legal advice or not completely researching your legal issue to get the best result. Hiring an experienced attorney, like myself, that knows how to effectively end your marriage and resolve issues is generally more cost effective and less emotional in the long run. Hire the right attorney the first time.
Many law firms say that they offer personalized service, but their actions don't always reflect that when it comes to dealing with their clients. I'm David McCleary, and at my law firm, McCleary & Associates, P.C., I take those words to heart. I want to be your trusted adviser for all of your family law needs.
I meet with all my clients personally, one-on-one. This means I can offer a true individualized service to my clients. You always meet with me directly, not with an assistant or staff member.
I look forward to meeting with you and helping you with your legal matter.